West Windsor Township’s Best Management Practices
Grease Control in Retail Food Establishments
- DO NOT rinse food particle down the drain; place in trash.
- DO NOT remove strainer baskets which have been placed in floor drains to catch food waste.
- DO NOT flush grease or food waste down toilets.
- DO NOT direct grease waste or spills into storm sewers.
- DO NOT use hot water or steam to clean grease interceptors.
- DO DRY WIPE grease from dishware, pots, spills, waste containers, counters and equipment with a rubber spatula or paper towel.
- DO dry clean-up grease spills using a SPILL KIT. Do not flush into floor drains.
- DO close grease recycle bins and clean up spills promptly. Advise management immediately if container is more than ½ full.
- DO follow instructions on the proper cleaning procedures for grease interceptors.
- DO report foul odors or problems associated with the grease interceptor.
Township of West Windsor • 271 Clarksville Road • PO Box 38 • West Windsor, NJ 08550 • 609-799-2400