West Windsor Township’s Best Management Practices
Grease Control Private Sewer Collection
- DO establish a regular maintenance plan for your system and contract with a professional service for a semi-annual cleaning schedule as a minimum.
- DO self-inspect the system on a regular basis to monitor for grease accumulation.
- DO self-inspect tenants to ensure proper grease control at each establishment.
- DO utilize a pressure Jet/Vac Cleaning Truck for sewer line cleanings.
- DO plug the downstream line while conducting jet/vac cleanings.
- DO provide 48-hours advance notification to West Windsor Township Sewer Department at (609)799-8370 for sewer line cleaning operations.
- DO provide advance notice to West Windsor Township Emergency Services at (609)799-2400 prior to confined space entry into the sewer system.
- DO follow established OSHA safety procedures for confined space entry.
The following equipment must be onsite:
- DO NOT allow grease residue to accumulate within the sewer system.
- DO NOT allow sanitary sewage with FOG in excess of 100 ppm to be released into the Township’s sewer main.
- DO NOT use an under-sized nozzle.
- DO NOT allow debris to enter West Windsor Township’s Sewer System, ie., utensils, dishes, rags and large food particles.
- DO NOT wait for a sewage back-up to institute proper grease control at your property.
Township of West Windsor • 271 Clarksville Road • PO Box 38 • West Windsor, NJ 08550 • 609-799-2400