West Windsor Climate Action Plan Public Meeting - October 5 - 7:30 PM - Municipal Building
The West Windsor Environmental Commission is sponsoring a meeting to present the draft Climate Action Plan (CAP) and to receive comments. West Windsor residents and businesses should consider attending. The meeting will be held on Monday, October 5, at 7:30 PM at the Municipal Building, 271 Clarksville Road, West Windsor. The CAP:
• Summarizes the science of climate change and the risks climate change imposes on us.
• Provides an estimate of the quantity of greenhouse gas emissions (our carbon footprint) within the Township, due to both municipal government operations and the community sources at large.
• Establishes a greenhouse gas emission reduction goal equal to the State of New Jersey’s Global Warming Response Act.
• Proposes a plan of action to achieve greenhouse reduction goals.
• Initiates a discussion on how we should plan for and adapt to climate change.
The CAP is posted on the West Windsor Township Website, http://www.westwindsornj.org/climate/Climate-Action-Information.html
The web page contains the Plan, executive summary, a presentation and a place to submit comments.