Burglar Alarm Registration
Township Requirements for Burglar Alarm Registration
On January 22, 2007, the Township passed Ordinance #2006-21 which amended the existing alarm ordinance to reflect new alarm system registration requirements. Specific changes to the ordinance include:
- All burglar alarm systems must be registered on an annual basis.
- Re-registration of burglar alarm systems must be done between January 1 and March 31 of each year.
- There is a $25.00 fee to register the burglar alarm system
- Failure to register a burglar alarm system annually may result in a late fee and/or fine.
Residents can register burglar alarms in person by stopping by the Police Department during regular business hours or by downloading the registration form from here and mailing it in with a check for $25.00. For additional information, residents can contact the Police Department Records Division at (609) 799-9282.
Alarm Renewal - Click Here For Form
Alarm Registration Information
Township ordinance requires all residential or business alarms be registered if they are monitored by a central station.
If the police are dispatched to an unregistered alarm, you will receive a summons for maintaining an unregistered alarm.
Registration is beneficial to you !!
- It gives us all your contact information so that we may get hold of a key holder in an emergency.
- Be sure to provide the alarm number you are assigned by the Township to your alarm company. By doing this, we can dispatch calls to your residence with increased speed and efficiency. Without the number we have to manually get all the information from the alarm company.
Registration can be accomplished via mail or in person:
Print the form and then send in a check for $25.00 made payable to West Windsor Township within 3 business days. Registration forms received without the registration fee will not be processed, and a summons will be issued. Once the check is received, you will be sent a confirmation letter with a panel/alarm number to give to your alarm company. It is very important that you give this number to your alarm company so they can dispatch us by it.
By picking up a registration form at the records window during normal business hours.
If you need a change of information form for an alarm already registered, click here.