Office of Tax Collection
This is a reminder that 1st Quarter Property Taxes are due on February 1, 2021 and must be received no later than February 10, 2021. Payments received after February 10, interest will be charged from February 1.
Please note that Municipal Offices remain closed to the public until further notice to protect residents and employees.
Property tax information can be found on our website by using the following direct link: https://webportal.municipal-software.com/lookup/westwindsor
Payments can be made the following ways:
* You Can Pay Online here.<https://www.cit-e.net/west_windsor-nj/cn/TaxBill_Std/?tpid=8192>
* Mail a check using your payment stub to: West Windsor Tax Collector, PO Box 38, West Windsor, NJ 08550 Please note your cancelled check is your receipt.
* A 24 hour drop box is located outside on right side of the Administration entrance of the Municipal building. During this time the box will be checked throughout the day.
* Using your personal online banking. Please allow 7-10 business days for bank processing (an actual check is mailed to our office by your bank). When asked for an account please use your Tax Account Number (This information is on your tax bill and also is available here<https://webportal.municipal-software.com/lookup/westwindsor>). Online banking payments should be made payable and mailed to: West Windsor Tax Collector, PO Box 38, West Windsor, NJ 08550
Property Tax information can now be viewed online at: https://webportal.municipal-software.com/lookup/westwindsor
2020 Tax Sale Information: https://westwindsor.newjerseytaxsale.com/
Property tax bills are mailed annually in July and include 4 payment stubs. Taxes are due quarterly on February 1st, May 1st, August 1st, and November 1st.
Sewer rent bills are mailed annually in July and include 2 payment stubs. Sewer Rent is due semi-annually March 1st and September 1st. The Township grants a ten-day grace period, after which interest accrues from the first day payment is due.
Failure to receive a tax or sewer bill does not exempt you from paying or the interest due on taxes or sewer rent due.
Grace period for Taxes & Sewer Rent: The Township grants a ten-day grace period, after which interest accrues from the first day payment is due. If the 10th falls on a weekend a weekend or legal holiday (or, on a day that the Tax Collector’s office is not open) the following business day will be the last day of the grace period. Please be advised that the State of New Jersey does not allow the Tax Collector to acknowledge postmarks.
Interest & Delinquencies: Payments received after the grace period will be assessed 8% interest per annum on the first $ 1,500.00 of delinquency and 18% per annum on all balances over $1,500.00. Any balances over $10,000.00 on December 31st, will be assessed an additional flat 6% penalty. All taxes, sewer rent and municipal charges not paid by November 11 are subject to Tax Sale.
Mortgage Companies: It is your responsibility as a homeowner to let the Tax Collector’s office know if a bank is escrowing your taxes OR if the mortgage company will no longer be paying your taxes. If your property taxes are paid through your mortgage company, each quarterly stub will have a notation stating “Advice Copy Do Not Pay”
Ownership: When selling your property, this bill must be handed over to the new owner at the time of closing.
Tax and Sewer Payments can be made the following ways:
• Mail a check using your payment stub to: West Windsor Tax Collector - PO Box 38, 271 Clarksville Road, West Windsor, NJ 08550
• Using your personal online banking with your financial institution. Please allow 7-10 business for bank processing (an actual check is mailed to our office by your bank) No fees are assessed by the Township.
• Pay in person during regular office hours (Monday through Friday 9:00am-5:00pm):
• A 24 hour drop box is located outside of the Administration entrance of the Municipal building. All payments are credited on the next business day.
• TAX AND SEWER PAYMENTS MUST BE ON SEPARATE CHECKS.
There are often times when the tax collector must return checks that are written incorrectly. These errors cause delays and necessitate interest being charged on late payments. Please double check the following when writing your check:
• Check is made payable to West Windsor Township
• Check is signed
• The numeric amount matches the written amount
• Check has a current date; postdated checks cannot be accepted
• Include tax stubs for all properties that you are paying (If you do not have the stub, please include your block and lot number, tax account number, or your property location)
• Include a self-addressed, stamp envelope for any information you require returned
• Please do NOT staple your tax stub to your check
Property Tax Relief Programs
Senior Citizens or Disabled or Surviving Spouse Annual Tax Deductions: Annual deduction of $ 250 is available for Senior Citizens/Disabled/Surviving Spouse applicants who qualify based on residence and income limitations. Applications can be obtained at the Tax Assessor’s Office or online at https://www.state.nj.us/treasury/taxation/pdf/other_forms/lpt/ptd.pdf and Supplemental Income Form
https://www.state.nj.us/treasury/taxation/pdf/other_forms/lpt/NJ_PT_SupplementIncome.pdf. Both forms would need to be completed to apply.
Veterans/Surviving Spouse/Civil Union/Domestic Partner of Veteran or Serviceperson.: Annual deduction of $250 is available for Veterans/Surviving Spouse/Civil Union/Domestic Partner of Veteran or Serviceperson who qualify based on active wartime service with an honorable discharge and state residency. Applications can be obtained at the Tax Assessor’s office or online at https://www.state.nj.us/treasury/taxation/pdf/other_forms/lpt/vss.pdf
New Jersey Homestead Benefit: Applications are mailed to the homeowners directly from the State. For more information on this program call the Homestead Benefit Hotline 1-888-238-1233 or visit the website at https://www.state.nj.us/treasury/taxation/homestead/geninf.shtml
Property Tax Reimbursement/ “Senior Freeze” (The Blue Book): Applications are mailed to the homeowners directly from the State. For more information on this program please call the State at 1-800-882-6597or visit the website at https://www.state.nj.us/treasury/taxation/ptr/index.shtml